24 June 2013
Mouth-watering events programme announced for Waterloo Food Festival
The Waterloo Food Festival is back this July with a mouth-watering programme of events and offers showcasing the vibrant mix of food and drink venues to be found in the area.
Waterloo's many restaurants, pubs, cafés, bars and specialist food shops will be throwing open their doors to host exclusive events, tastings and demonstrations.
The Festival formally launches on 27 June with an Evening Food Fair, held opposite the Old Vic Theatre, and the programme includes a pop-up Fantasy Café, world's smallest restaurant event and a series of outdoor food and music events. The Festival runs from 27 June to 31 July 2013.
For more information and to order the Festival Gastro Passport visit www.wearewaterloo.co.uk
• Pop-up Evening Food Fair in Emma Cons Gardens (opposite the Old Vic theatre) on 27th June 5-7pm
• Visit Waterloo's Fantasy Café between 4-6 July as immersive performance wizards StampCollective and arts festival Fantasy High Street invite you to feast at the all new pop-up café where your memories are on the menu
• Friday markets opposite the Old Vic Theatre
• Tequila tasting and dinner at Wahaca on 4 July
• A 'sustainable' paella feast on Emma Cons Gardens (opposite the Old Vic) on 11 July
• O Toma O Morte cheese tasting at the 1901 Arts Club on Wednesday 17 July
• A series of butchery demonstrations by master butchers The Ginger Pig at Greensmiths
• Reserve a table at the world's smallest restaurant on 12 July – for one day only
Now in its fifth year, the Waterloo Quarter Food Festival is a month-long celebration of food and drink organised by Waterloo Quarter BID, Waterloo's business-led organisation committed to improving the area of Waterloo. Unlike many other food festivals it doesn't take part in a tent or marquee but in the street and within individual bars, restaurants and shops.